Christmas in July
A Music and Art Celebration in Mt Perry
Mount Perry Community Development Board – Christmas in July Event Overview
The Mount Perry CIJ project is a celebration of art and music combined with some good food and an opportunity to make some new friends.
The event will be held at the Mt Perry showgrounds beginning on Friday the 26th of July 2019 and running over the entire weekend.
Purpose of the Christmas In July event is to:
- Attract tourists and visitors to Mount Perry Township.
- Encourage NFP groups to work together collaboratively.
- Foster good will and friendship amongst the NFP groups.
- Encourage and educate up and coming musicians.
- Provide a forum for local, state and interstate musicians to perform.
- Provide food, musical and other entertainment for attendees including local and regional
- Provide low cost RV and Camp sites to travellers.
To learn more about the CIJ event and book your ticket, visit our website
The Christmas In July project was put to the MPCDB committee meeting on the 9th of January, 2019
as a proposal, this was adopted and a subcommittee was formed drawing members from MPCDB, Mt
Perry Mens Shed, Mt Perry Art Group, Mt Perry CWA, Mt Perry Show Society and local musicians
Des Robinson and Frank Charles. (CWA has since withdrawn from the project).
The end date for Christmas In July 2019 is 28th July, (Florence Broadhurst’s birthday – (Who is Florence Broadhurst?)).
Significant Project Milestones
- Formation of committee.
- Forming a Plan/Roadmap.
- Event Public Liability Insurance.
- Attaining Sponsorship.
- Successful Grant Applications.
- Web site with online bookings.
- Flyers and Advertising.
- Community acceptance.
- Committed Volunteers.
- Committed Local and Interstate Musicians
Attracting tourists and visitors to Mount Perry is part of the Community Strategic Plan, to
stimulate the local economy and provide income to local business and Not for Profit Groups.
Providing quality entertainment and catering with low cost powered RV sites and camping sites
will encourage tourists and visitors to Mount Perry. Making these tourists and visitors feel
welcome will encourage them to spread the word to friends and associates alike.
This will help grow and promote the event to become an annual festival to celebrate the Mt Perry and North
Burnett Regional culture, heritage and arts.
The Mt Perry Christmas in July is made possible by the generous support of :
- North Burnett Regional Council
- Bendigo Bank Gin Gin
- Evolution Mining MRO
- Mount Perry Grand Hotel
- McKay’s Fuel & Rural
- RADF – Qld Government
This project is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland